My Brother and my Best Buddy.. Are you watching us?

Seems ages since i have written anything on my blog. But i write so much these days that I am almost 'wordless' to write anything on my blog.. Nevertheless.. Its a Friday evening and the thought of a long weekend than usual is nothing but relaxing. Freaks me out to the core! The reason i thought i should write this blog is because Varun would have been 27 today. Wow! I think he would even have got married or surely would have found someone! His birthday, I dread it for the sheer fact that i wont be able to cope with the memories of my darling brother, whom i miss immeasurably. At the same time i am telling myself that it is time to revel in his fond memories - the innumerable summers spent together in our years of growing up to chatting on yahoo as tech savvy teenagers. He was the only one I could share almost anything I wanted to and felt, from telling him about my first crush to how i goofed up my maths exam. Now as an adult, every major event in my life [though there is hardly any ;) ] is punctuated by the thought 'i wish he was here' or 'how happy he would have been to be here at this juncture'. But he is not to be found anywhere. I am sure he is smiling with his dimples, where ever he is. I hope he knows we miss him..inexpressibly. Varun was a fantastic bro, a great friend, a whacky but a good son nonetheless and the apple of everyone's eye. I am sure he was the life of parties he and his friends had. I wish could sit and share a nice drink or two with him, now, at this age, sharing our thoughts over life- as we know it. However, all said and done, i will always remember him as a smiling adult, full of zeal and love for his near and dear ones. Although i was elder to him, he never hesitated in giving me the gyaan that I should stop cribbing about frivolous things! I used to realize then how stupid i was being and how mature he is in some ways. He was in all senses, my best (est) buddy and confidante. His mom used to call us inseparable ! I wonder if we were twins in our previous birth!
All this notwithstanding, one question pops up in my mind every now and then... Why did he have to go? Is it really that he was everyone's favorite and was god a human being, so god wants such people? Anyway..Happy Birthday Darling Bro.. Love You... LOADS..

Comments

  1. Medha, this is by far the best piece I have read of yours. And its only because it comes straight from the heart. It just proves that when you are writing what you are feeling, you are so much more eloquent.
    Its wonderful that you have so many great memories of him, cherish them, write about them, in detail maybe. I'd like to read/hear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Medha,
    Very nice. I only met Varun a few times during visits to India, which was enough to see that he had a very sweet nature.

    Satish (Mama)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Medha, That is a good piece of memories and a genuine expression of feelings. We all miss Varun dearly.
    Milindmama

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sensational Shreya Regales Puneites

Being Single – Cool or Uncool?